CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Onwards


I woke up one morning,
And found myself in a deep sleep.

I reached with my toes,
Searching for some semblance of reality.

I reached the edge of the bed,
And was sucked into a deep chasm.

I fell endlessly, my scream rang silently,
I landed into a fleshy carcass,
My eyes opened and it was a new day.

I stepped out of the house, 
And felt it disintegrate into ashes.



Detached with only the shirt on my back,
And worn out shoes, I stepped forth to find the world.

I traveled the narrow alley ways and the deep blue oceans,
I immersed myself in the throngs of the peoples of the vast world,
And damned myself to the solitude of my own being.

In the chaos of it all, I felt the silent whisper of inevitability,
It spoke empty promises of finding the self and of oneness.
I hung my head down and plodded on.

The darkness of the night and the nothingness of it all,
The bleak stars my solace and the deep shade my shelter,
I plodded on.


"What's wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of? Why can't we treat death with a certain amount of humanity and dignity, and decency, and God forbid, maybe even humor. Death is not the enemy gentlemen. If we're going to fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all,
Indifference."


August 11, 2014-Williams

No comments: